Social Justice Committee
By-Law/Description (Presented to Pastoral Council January 8, 2019)
The Social Justice Committee is responsible for the social mission of the parish both within and outside parish boundaries. It is also responsible for the promotion and education of the local parish on the church’s biblical and social teaching regarding issues of justice and peace. Taking into consideration both personal and financial resources we commit ourselves to:
- Bringing awareness to the parish of those critical social issues which affect all our lives linked to solid Catholic teachings.
- Promoting the action and fundraising mandate of the Canadian Catholic Organization for Development and Peace (D&P)/Caritas Canada.
- Promoting and supporting the issues and actions raised by the departments and commissions of the Archdiocese of Regina whose mandates are related to the social mission of the Church, such as Social Justice, Refugee Sponsorship, Reverence For Life, and Truth & Reconciliation.
- Supporting the efforts of local service and charity-based projects both within the parish and the community at large.
- Fulfilling the administrative responsibilities of the committee through involvement in the parish’s Pastoral Council.